We are a Maronite youth and young adult organization based in the United States. The Maronite church is an eastern branch of the Catholic Church, however, it still has its own liturgy, canon law, and patriarch. It began in the 4th century when a small community of Christians near Antioch gathered around a holy man named Maron. People came to him for spiritual guidance. He also served people by blessing the sick and sinners, and later on many miracles were attributed to him. Our culture is influenced by our ancestors, the Phoenicians.
The primary purpose of this organization shall be to promote the spiritual welfare of its members, to strengthen youth groups in the Maronite faith, to have prayer days, to learn more about each other and to grow socially and intellectually.
Our goal is to build a community of teens and adults. In this community, we hope to strive opportunities for the development of personal faith, service to others and systematic instruction in our Maronite religious tradition. To achieve this goal, we will:
* participate in liturgies
* hold annual and regional youth retreats
* assist the needs of local parishes
* support eparchial organizations and activities
* hold weekly meetings and prayer services
* organize fundraisers for local churches
* hold social events to promote American Lebanese heritage
* understand and promote "Faith of the Mountain" series